Wednesday, February 29, 2012

English Grammar Model question and answer - 1


                                               Model question and answer -1
                                            Degree pass & Honours Course
                                                 English Compulsory

1.Correct the following sentences:                                                                
 a) He will avail the opportunity.
 b) Do you know where does he live?
 c) I wish you will help me.
 d) Hardly the doctor came, the patient died.
 e) The number of students reading in English literature are few.

 f) He bought both pen as well as paper.
 g) Neither of these two women are to be trusted.
 h) This is more preferable than that
 i) Would you mind to wait a moment for me.
 j) Tell me what is your name.


2. Frame appropriate Wh-questions from the following Sentences:                                                   
 a) I rushed to the hospital to see my ailing friend.
 b) The bus runs 50 km per hour.
 c) Everybody is interested in games.
 d) The sun looks like a golden plate.
 e) Knowledge makes a man great.
 f) He ran fast lest he should miss the train.
 g) He appeared from behind the screen.
 h) Dhaka is 120 km from Mymensingh.
 i) Columbus discovered America.
 j) My brother applied for free studentship.


3. Use the right form of verbs in the following sentences:                             
 a) If I (try), I would have succeeded.
 b) He said that his father (forbid) him to tell lies.
 c) Neither of the roads (know) to me.
 d) I do not feel like (take) a cup of tea.
 e) She behaves as though she (be) his friend.
 f) He told that he (go) there next week.
 g) You had better (leave) the place now.
 h}Football is a game which (play) everywhere.
 i) We (be) here for ten years.
 j) I knew what the fact (be).           
          
Solution to Model Test-1
1. 
a) He will avail himself of the opportunity.
b) Do you know where he lives?
c) I wish you would help me.
d) Hardly had the doctor come when the patient died.
e) The number of students reading in English literature is few.
f) He bought both pen and paper.
g) Neither of these two women is to be trusted.
h) This is preferable to that.
i) Would you mind waiting a moment for me? 
j) Tell me what your name is.


2. 
a) Why did you rush to the hospital?
b) How fast does the bus run per hour?
c) Who is not interested in games?
d) What does the sun look like?
e) What makes a man great?
f) Why did he run fast?
g) Where did he appear from?
h) How far is Dhaka from Mymensingh?
i) Who discovered America?
j) What did my brother apply for?


3. 
a) had tried
b) had forbidden
c) is known
d) taking
e) were
f) would go
g) leave
h) is played
i) have been 
j) was      


Author:
Md. Nourozur Rahaman
BCS(General Education)
Assistant Professor of English
Narayanganj Government Women’s College
   Examiner of National University                                             
  Contact:House No. GP(Ja)-96(Ground floor)
            Wireless Gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212
         (Behind Hotel Zakaria, Madrasha Lane)
            Mobile: 01715376235 

No comments:

Post a Comment

css snippet for blogger code highlighting

code, .code {     display: block;     background: beige;     padding: 10px;     margin: 8px 15px; }